Shirehunters Forum
carter

carter

carter

Hi all ,

just wanted to say hello as one of the new members, and ask your take on the email we all received in regard to no hunting on public lands from 12 midnight on the 6th of april 2020.

It would seem a good idea to make inquiry as to accessing private land for the min hunts per year as anything less would mean the authorities could just say " turn in you firearms and we will give them back after the wuhan virus goes away"

Its like shutting down the clay or indoor ranges and saying "oops you cant play bang stick now so hand em over"

Maybe i have been cooped up to long at home with the misses

anyway howdy all

Camoman

Hey bud and welcome along.

I do not see that this will be an issue. They will make appropriate concessions for time without access to ranged, etc.

If you have the r licence itself as your genuine reason then that still holds with forests temporarily closed.

Dano

No Carter. 

Welcome mate. 

Aza

Welcome Carter,

Sounds like there is a bit of confinment induced paranoia going on there. 

State forests were shutdown a few years ago now when the Game Council were shutdown and handed over to the DPI, license were extended to compensate all license holders.

Aza

carter

Nice work Camo,

Its reassuring that they "are aware of Club Members obligations" and are so understanding, "there will be no carbon tax under a government I Lead"       J. Gillard

Id wait for the waiver notice first

Still ,good work Camo !

C.