Shirehunters Forum
Luke_Hyde

Hello

Luke_Hyde

Hi guys

Thanks for having me at the social night at Engadine Bowlo last Thursday, it was great to meet you all.

Just my luck I've joined up during a pandemic and lockdown! The good news is my R-licence application is underway and I'll be looking to do the firearms safety course and licence application right after so hoping to join a club hunt in the near future.

A bit about me - new to hunting but have done a little bit of clay target shooting socially, and a whole bunch of casual shooting at US ranges (AR-15, M249 SAW, AK-47, MP40 to name a few highlights).  Both my grandads were keen shooters and fishers but it kind of skipped a generation, and I'm determined not to let the opportunity to learn the art pass by.  Really keen to get involved in some hunts and learn all there is about game tracking, hunting, processing and everything else that comes with it.

I'm a lawyer by background (please don't shoot me on a hunt despite this), happily married, no kids but two motorbikes and two dogs, neither of which are any good at hunting. 

Anyway, hope to see you all again soon at the next opportunity.

Cheers

Luke

• Like 1

Gunner

Welcome Luke,

As I said the other night we don't judge people here (unless of course you get bogged several times on a hunt)

You will find the members here to be helpful and happy to pass on knowledge where they can.

Cheers

Rick

Aza

Welcome Luke,

Defence lawyer? Could come in handy😂.

What motorbikes? I have a dirt squirter.

Aza

• Haha 1

Dano

Welcome Luke. 

Hopefully see you on a club hunt soon. 

Camoman

Welcome aboard mate!

Drew Jaeger

Welcome Luke

Chook1965

Welcome Luke, hope to get to meet you once the current situation is over and things get back to normal.

Chook

Johnny

Welcome Luke, and it's good to hear you had some fun in the US!

Jimmy

Welcome aboard mate, tough timing but we'll all get over this soon we hope. Happy hunting, catch you at a social hopefully. 

Luke_Hyde
On 3/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, Gunner said:

Welcome Luke,

As I said the other night we don't judge people here (unless of course you get bogged several times on a hunt)

You will find the members here to be helpful and happy to pass on knowledge where they can.

Cheers

Rick

Thanks again Ricky!  Once things get back to normal, I'll chat to you about the firearms safety course - the International Shooting Centre have cancelled all of theirs so it's just bows for me for now!

On 3/26/2020 at 6:07 PM, Aza said:

Welcome Luke,

Defence lawyer? Could come in handy😂.

What motorbikes? I have a dirt squirter.

Aza

Regulatory, not criminal - but it might still come in handy dealing with the DPI

I've got a BMW R1200R and until recently a Ducati Hypermotard but that's given way to a puttery little Lambretta 125 for inner city errands.  Dirt squirters are the way though!

On 3/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dano said:

Welcome Luke. 

Hopefully see you on a club hunt soon. 

Thanks Dano!

On 3/26/2020 at 8:24 PM, Camoman said:

Welcome aboard mate!

Thanks Cam!

On 3/29/2020 at 12:28 PM, Drew Jaeger said:

Welcome Luke

Thanks Drew!

On 3/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, Chook1965 said:

Welcome Luke, hope to get to meet you once the current situation is over and things get back to normal.

Chook

Thanks Chook, likewise. 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, Johnny said:

Welcome Luke, and it's good to hear you had some fun in the US!

Thanks Johnny, it's always fun there!

On 3/31/2020 at 4:08 PM, Jimmy said:

Welcome aboard mate, tough timing but we'll all get over this soon we hope. Happy hunting, catch you at a social hopefully. 

Thanks Jimmy!